Objective and Expected Outcomes
The event, as part of a series of events to support the adoption and implementation of the Sustainable Finance Principles, will focus on raising awareness of gender, with practical examples and tools to integrate the topic into the Bank members’ systems and policies. Specific anticipated outcomes include:
- Awareness of benefits from integrating gender into internal systems and policies;
- A practical case example shared; and
- Lessons learned of different bank members exchanged.
The Meeting will bring together 45-50 bank representatives with decision making authority and mandates related to sustainable finance within their organizations. Invitations will be tailored only to subject matters and relevant bank representatives i.e. ABC members of the Sustainability Working Group.
Timeframe and Location
The Meeting is expected to be held online during 03:30 P.M – 05.00 P.M on July 15, 2020.
- 15:30 - 15:35
- Opening Remark
- Dith Sochal Chairman of Sustainable Finance Committee
- 15:35 - 15:45
- Introduction to ABC and USAID Green Invest Asia collaboration, and linkage between ABC Sustainable Finance Principles and Sustainability Reporting Christy Owen, Chief of Party, USAID Green Invest Asia.
- 15:45 - 16:30
- (1) Gender policy – What are the benefits of including gender considerations into a Bank’s operations. (2) Integrating E&S risk into Due Diligence tool Caterina Meloni, Founder, Connecting Founders and USAID Green Invest Asia.
- 16:30 - 16:40
- Interactive Session
- Sharing of lessons learned of different member banks John McGinley, Partner, Mekong Strategic Partners and USAID Green Invest Asia.
- 16:40 - 16:50
- Interactive Session
- Brief survey on current status and interest in integrating gender into Bank’s systems and policies. Binod Chapagain, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, USAID Green Invest Asia.
- 16:50 - 17:00
- Q&A and Closing
- John McGinley, Partner, Mekong Strategic Partners and USAID Green Invest Asia.
Binod CHAPAGAINMONITORING AND EVALUATION ADVISOR AT USAID GREEN INVEST ASIA
Binod brings over 20 years of international development experience, including work in social forestry and natural resource management. Currently, he works as the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor for USAID Green Invest Asia and leads the program’s performance planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning, also overseeing all data collection, analysis and reporting. Binod holds PhD in Development Studies from the Australian National University.
Caterina MeloniFOUNDER & MANAGING PARTNER, CONNECTING FOUNDERS
Caterina is a gender lens investing specialist with close to 20 years of experience working for private sector and development finance institutions on SME banking, gender finance, and entrepreneurship. She has worked for leading funders, such as the World Bank/IFC, as well as advisory firms to implement finance projects in over 35 countries.
Christy OWENCHIEF OF PARTY AT USAID GREEN INVEST ASIA
Ms. Owen serves as the Chief of Party for USAID Green Invest Asia, and Thailand Country Director for the global NGO, Pact, Inc. She oversees a team mobilizing private investment into low-emission agriculture and forestry practices across Southeast Asia.
She has spent nearly 20 years designing and implementing environmental management, biodiversity conservation, and climate change projects in the Philippines, Venezuela, EI Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, and the lower Mekong region.
John MCGINLEYPARTNER AT USAID GREEN INVEST ASIA AND MEKONG STRATEGIC PARTNERS
As Managing Partner of Mekong Strategic Partners (MSP) and Strategic Advisor to USAID Green Invest Asia, Mr. McGinley brings two decades of experience in banking and financial services, strategy, and the international development sector. He has successfully built high-performing businesses across the Mekong Region. Prior to founding MSP, John worked for ANZ (Australia & New Zealand) Bank for the Greater Mekong Region and led the bank’s approach to market entry and expansion across the Greater Mekong Region.
Sochal DithCEO OF FOREIGN TRADE BANK OF CAMBODIA (FTB)
Mr. Dith has around 20-year experience in finance and banking industry. Over the years, he has held various roles across a number of institutions including with PWC, NBC, ANZ prior to his current posting with FTB. He holds an MBA degree. He is also an executive council member of ABC since 2019 and held as Chairperson of Sustainable Finance Committee.