On September 28, 2021, the ABC’s Council had endorsed the Banking and Financial Institutions Code of Conduct for all banking and financial institutions in the Kingdom of Cambodia. In line with the best efforts to contribute towards a financial system that is robust, inclusive, consumer-oriented, and trust-based, this BFIs Code of Conduct (“Code”) has been established and designed to set out the ethical standards of responsible practices for the banking and financial institutions (the “Financial Institution/s”) in the Kingdom of Cambodia whereby individuals and business consumers and guarantors, (collectively known as “Consumers or Customers”) can expect and trust when dealing with the Financial Institutions.
This Code aims to:
- promote effective, reliable, accountable and responsible banking and financial practices by setting business operation standards for the Financial Institutions to follow and execute.
- increase transparency so that Consumers can have a better understanding of what they can reasonably expect from the services provided.
- build a fair and professional relationship between Consumers and the Financial Institutions based on the principles of equity and equality.
- foster confidence in the banking and financial system; and
- encourage a corporate culture of fair dealing and competition.
This Code is put into practice for a trial period of 3 months from 1st October 2021 to 31st December 2021, both dates included. Banks and Financial Institutions are encouraged to give inputs during the trial period. The Code will go final effective from 1st January 2022, included.
Please refer to our linking documents:
- English version 2022_BFIs_Code_of_Conduct_latest_Eng_version_29_10_2021.pdf
- Khmer version 2022_BFIs_Code_of_Conduct_latest_KH_version_29_10_2021.pdf
If you have more inquiries, please feel free to contact:
Mr. Sok Chan
Head, Financial Inclusion and Public Relations
The Association of Banks in Cambodia (ABC)
Tel: 092 68 3330